Now that spring is here, we are starting to book more family and portrait sessions! We love working with families and when you're thinking about your family session there are a few things to consider before your session:
1. First things first, we recommend you book ahead so that we can ensure we have your preferred date available! Generally we say a month in advance will help to secure a date you'd like.
2. Next, your location is important. We are always happy to recommend locations if you are stuck on where to go, we have lots of locations in mind that create great settings for some family fun! But don't be shy to mention any places you have in mind! A location that is meaningful to you helps make the whole session shine!
We cover within 45 minutes of Strathroy at no additional charge (for any location further than that, travel fees will apply).
3. Of course there is always the question that everyone has: "What do we wear?!"
Don't stress, dressing for your family session is not as difficult as it seems. Avoid wearing identical outfits, but you want the colours and style to be cohesive. Also, avoid busy patterns or textures. We want YOU to be the focus of the images, not a patterned shirt. Pinterest has some great inspiration for colour schemes and outfit ideas if you need some!
4. Next, what to bring. Props are welcome if there is something you want to include in your sessions. Simply let us know if you're thinking of bringing something along and we will incorporate it into some shots! This includes pets!
5. Finally, bring your smiles! These sessions are all about capturing the love of family and the best thing you can do for your session is to have fun! Whether your family is large or small, a family photo is something you will treasure for life!